FIRE Within Educator
ABOUT: The FIRE Within empowers high school students to research and understand
Job Description: We offer motivated individuals the opportunity to engage youth leaders in innovative mental health and social entrepreneurship programming.
- Teach 2 – 8 FIRE Within classes per week at multiple assigned schools
- Inspire students to develop life-changing leadership skills
- Deliver FIRE Within curriculum during the fall semester and guide students through
- independent project implementation during the spring semester
- Engage and build relationships with principals, teachers, counselors, and stakeholders to explain program goals and actively involve them in student learning
- Facilitate program evaluation and help track student gains throughout the year
- Participate in FIRE Within events including Innovation Challenge and the Social Enterprise of the Year Competition
- VERY PART-TIME JOB; Average weekly commitment is 5-15 hours per week.
- FIRE Within will be taught
September,2016 – April,2017
- Educators are required to attend a
4 daystaff training in Denver August 22-25th
- New Educators earn a total stipend of $1350 per school
- Schedules will be determined in partnership with classroom teachers
- FIRE Within classes may be in schools in Adams, Arapahoe, Aurora, Broomfield, Boulder, Denver, El Paso, Jefferson, Larimer, Pueblo, and Weld counties.
- Experience teaching, facilitating, and/or presenting
- Experience working with high school aged youth preferred
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Creativity, flexibility, enthusiasm, positivity, patience, and a good sense of humor
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in education, psychology, business, or a related field
Backgroundcheck is required
Preferred candidates will also have the following:
- Knowledge of social entrepreneurship and/or business education
- Knowledge of suicide prevention and/or mental health promotion
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until all positions are filled. For full consideration please submit your materials as soon as possible.